Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Response/William Zinsser

So now I am supposed to respond to my english partner's blog. I think I can do that, it seems easy enough. Okay, she says that these blogs are kind of like online diaries and I agree with that. The people who write these blogs are people who think that other people are completely interested in reading about them. Which, since this is kind of popular, is true. However, I know that there are certain things in my life that I wouldn't want made public and I definetly know I wouldn't want people reading about me.

Now, what do I believe William Zinsser would say about blogging. Hhhmmm. I think he would say something like "Blogging is better than somebody not writing at all." Then again I could be completely wrong about this. However, I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. Well anyways, I think he is the type of person who is set in his own style of writing, but appreciates the other styles that exist.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the part of Zinsser was an opinion, of course there is no right or wrong answer. And I don't think that saying that you think he would say that is saying if you think he would like it or not, it was a neutral answer. Which not taking a side works, if you point out things that support both sides of the argument. Also, it would help if you had made a reference to the essay we read for it.

    As a side note, I don't think we're supposed to say how we think our observation is going in the comment on each others' blog lol

    Sorry if this isn't really polite or helpful by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As this is the most recent, I'm going to comment on it again.

    I think that he more acknowledges that other styles have to exist because we are not all the same rather than him appreciating that they're there.

    ReplyDelete